Secure, scalable Central Desktop infrastructure
We pride ourselves on performance and reliability
Your data is safe with us. Central Desktop® runs on a proven infrastructure designed to provide maximum security, performance and reliability. Because we know that your files are more than just files – they're the ideas, presentations, conversations and contracts you use to run your world.
Here's how Central Desktop gives you peace of mind.
We partner with Alchemy Communications, Corexchange Data Center, Akamai and McAfee to provide you with state-of-the-art perimeter, network, server, application and data security.
- Firewall-protected network perimeter
- Scalable and redundant network and server infrastructure
- Redundant fiber-optic connections to multiple independent backbone networks
- Real-time network, server and application monitoring
- Firewall and router technology, coupled with a network-intrusion detection system, blocks worms, hackers and other undesirables
- Encrypted passwords and communication paths
- SSL 256-bit encryption with high strength ciphers
- Data and file encryption at rest - industry standard AES
- Daily third-party application and network scans
Control data access
You don't need the administrative assistant accessing the 2013 revenue targets the executive team is working on. Central Desktop gives you the power to control what every user can see or do.
- User authentication: encrypt each username and password combination with a unique one-way hash.
- User permissions: several different roles determine what individual users can see or do.
- Complete activity and audit logs: see what actions individual users have taken.
- Application security measures: prevent customer data cross-over and ensure complete customer data segregation.
- Strong encryption: Central Desktop helps prevent cyber snooping and hacking by using secure HTTPS URLs with 256-bit SSL, the same kind that banks rely on. TLS encryption, a layer of protection that helps keep Central Desktop email notifications safe from prying eyes. In addition all data and files are encrypted at rest with industry standard AES.
- IP restrictions: Restrict access to only your trusted IPs or networks.
- Password complexity: Force users to set hard-to-crack passwords and change them after a set period of time.
- Single sign-on: Large organizations can utilize their existing Active Directory / LDAP protocols to automatically login Central Desktop users. Central Desktop Single Sign is compatible with Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) v2 and Microsoft's Active Directory Federation Services (AD FS) 2.0. Additionally, Central Desktop integrates with leading cloud single sign-on providers: Ping Identity, Citrix, Intel, VMware, Okta, OneLogin, and others. Multi-factor authentication support available through integrated SSO providers.
Compliance and privacy
Avoid data disasters
Central Desktop performs daily systemwide backups of all data to disk and offsite servers. Our geographically separate, fault-tolerant and redundant data centers are SSAE 16 Type II compliant. Daily backups are kept for 90 days.
Ninety-day storage of data backups is only available with Central Desktop Premier and Central Desktop for Marketing Premier.
Central Desktop provides a Service Level Agreement, so you don't need to worry about infrastructure or IT.
Full transparency on historical uptime both scheduled and unscheduled.